Friday, January 5, 2007

New year[a fleeting thought]

As I do not know when I will go back to my Maker ,I get to think ,
of life as unending stream .But as I was reflecting on this thought
I have felt that everything happens only a certain number of times.



How many times have I seen the thin beautiful moon rise?
or the red huge Sun set?
Perhaps ten or twenty times ...........
Yet it seems inexhaustible,limitless to me.


How many times have I remembered
about my childhood......the sparkling laughter,
running in the open field with my friends?
May be a couple of times.
Yet it seems unending ....without horizon.......


Another year passed by just like another day
passes and perhaps I have seen that for thirty or forty times.
Yet it seems boundless .......limitless ....unending.

3 comments:

Sadiq said...

dear poetress!

i am borrowing this to share in my blog with ur kind attention.

Unknown said...

Tomar shob poem guloi khub bhalo laglo...they are quite easy to relate with our own feelings that's one of the reasons i liked it more....

no one said...

excellent one la ... simply excellent